MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

ok - got the intro and music up.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: ok - got the intro and music up..... Reply with quote

this is only the music part.

I'm gonna add the talking guitar on top of this..... - working on it now.......

gonna call it "The Hong Kong Stomp" (listen LOUD....)

HA!

PANick11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: OOOHHH!! Reply with quote

sooooo.....you pulled out the digital delay huh?

Sounds neat!!!!.. It should sound pretty groovy with the talking guitar!!!!!!

I think you bee smokin some of that hippy dippy blue grass .......huh?

by the by....you spelled "going to"...wrong.

I think you wrote...."gonna"?

sheesh...

;)

PANick

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: OOOHHH!! Reply with quote

yep - tons of delay....some reverb..

but I didn't use any pedals...!!! - (It's built into my amp - Roland VGA-5...lol...)

copied your pentatonic idea, too........

PANick - what mixing/editing software do you use? I just got CoolEdit - still scraping my knees on the learning curve.....

I wanted the free Protools - with 8 audio tracks, but apparently it won't run with WinXP...

PANick11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: well....... Reply with quote

I use a fullblown 36 track protools setup...with gobs of plugins and outboard compression and preamps.....

it's not mine...I have a permanent invitation to hang out at Tone Palace studios... I helped buy some of the gear for the studio and keep my guitar rigs there and my Genelec Moniters...and I do session work for anyone who wants...

anyway....it's an obscenely awesome setup!!

I think I did the contonese tune in an hour or two...

Cakewalk is very groovy!!!...And I know what you mean by learning curves!!!..I'm slow at that sort of thing....and the full blown protools has a learning curve that resembles the orbit of saturn...

:eek

My best friend Omar, who ownes and runs Tone Palace is a wiz on protools...when he's there to show me the shortcuts.....

PANick

Edited by: PANick11 at: 12/6/02 9:10:09 pm
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: well....... Reply with quote

ok - you seem to know more about this than me..

maybe you can help me with this one....

I need a good amp and monitors for a home studio........

I noticed you mentioned Genelec monitors - I've heard them...- I think I may buy a pair....

What do you think of Crown amps for studios?.... - is there an amp you would recommend above Crown?

PANick11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: hmmmmm Reply with quote

Genelecs are reeeeaaly expensive.....and you probably dont need em unless you've got a pro controll room that's tuned and has bass traps and stuff.....they're kind of overkill for a home studio...

the best Value for a killer pair of fairly transparent home moniters is Mackie...really......

they sound amazing!....but they're really tight in the bass range...so you have to get used to them...

get ART tube mic pre amps....and a really good DB ..or a couple even....

PANick

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmmm Reply with quote

I've heard Mackie too - they do sound good... - they make more sense financially also - just priced the Genelecs .... ooops....!

Yeah.. - mic pre amps was another question.. - I'll take a peek at ART...

er.... - what is DB?

thanks, man......

PANick11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ok - got the intro and music up..... Reply with quote

DB=Direct Box....

Those ART preamps are the greatest thing for a home studio!

really....you could spend 10x as much and not get much better sound..

I think they run about $150 or $200....a little two rack space thing with VUs....

the preamps and compressors we use are TubeTech........they were expensive, even used they were expensive....plus we have some of the ART pre's ...and a Vox Box..

:)

analog sum and the "Dangerous 2 Bus"!!!!!....which is really the keys to the kingdom when it comes to getting good final mixes from a digital recording platform....

there's actually all kinds of gizmos in there.....a couple analog Pre's from an older top of the line console that was being dismantled in Utah...a host of plug ins and a few outboard delays and reverbs as well....

I'll take some pictures of the studio this weekend......it's actually sort of a work of art!!!

Owens tuned fiber cieling panels and wall panels....the Booth is beutifull!! slanted ceiling and angled walls with tuned wood panels and a 25 foot wide bass trap....video editing screen......silent heat and air conditioning!!!

here's some pictures of the rooms from a while back.... But it's changed some since Omar took over....it's actually even cooler now!!

wanna come record?

PANick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ok - got the intro and music up..... Reply with quote

WOW! This thread is truly AMAZING!!!!!

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: ok - got the intro and music up..... Reply with quote

damn......

I got a Friend in Heaven...........

nice.

well, thanks to your advice, I think I can get a decent little project studio happening without spending a fortune....

btw - I figured out how to multitrack with CoolEdit this afternoon.... - laid a test "talking guitar" track on top of the music....it's coming along nicely...

I'm wondering if I should add bass & drums.... - dunno - wanna keep it simple...

PANick11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: ok - got the intro and music up..... Reply with quote

Yea...keep it simple!!!

Bass and a simple drum thing might be cool......but it doesn't really need it....

Home recording.......sigh......when sticky started out we wanted to be the real live do it yourself indie band!!

the way we (stickypistil) started the home recording thing was with a Roland VS880....we would borrow an 8 track DAT and do all the drums...then bounce em to the 880 and start adding other tracks.....we used to shop the internet for used gear...and we'd buy somthing like an eventide or a T.C. fireworks with a credit card....then post it for sale a week or two later.....usually we could sell it again before the second payment on the card came due...

It's like renting really good gear for really cheap!!!...or even free.

sooo...we'd have the thing to use for a few weeks or so,then we'd sell it!!....somtimes we even made a profit!...this is how we put the CD Hi Fi Superfly together!!!it took a long time....but we learned a LOT!!!!..

those roland machines are amazing.....If your really just getting started you should go Demo a VS1680....they're pretty cheap now...and they can teach you a LOT...

then you can spend your "extra" money on things like....a couple of really good Mic's !!

PANick

PANick11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: ok - got the intro and music up..... Reply with quote

Hi Chris!!!

didn't see you sneak in there!!

hey, If your ever traveling to the 'Occupied territories of northern Mexico'...aka...the southwestern U.S.A.......you should come record!!!!

PANick

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: ok - got the intro and music up..... Reply with quote

well.......

I've hired a new Engineer....

His name is Tinker..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: