MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ever been hacked
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rory Kings
The man behind the curtain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

My bank accounts were hacked yesterday.

All funds gone,

What a crazy world we live in.

You think as tecnology gets better you think you are safe.

But what a load of bolloc-ks.

So while the bank decide what to do I have been left high and dry.

I feel like a maggot in a fishes mouth, with no way out at the moment.

Piss-ed off.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Rory.... what bank are you in? ... We do online banking all the time and have had no problems... our bank guarantees against any fraud....

hackers are just a bunch of sad wankers.

Paul

Rory Kings

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

Hi Paul.

Thats not the problem as i will get it back in a few weeks with the insurance from the building society/bank.

It is what are you meant to do in the mean time for money to live on.

When i mentioned it to them, they replied " We are so sorry" Whats that meant to mean?.

I would rather keep my money at home, but in todays world you need a bank account.

Life sucks...

The strange thing is my brother got a phone call from my so called bank asking for my phone number two day ago.

That got me thinking, if it was my bank they would have my phone numbers??.

And how did they get my brothers phone number, when i've never given if out??

he never gave out my number either.

All donations gratefully recieved:g :g

So it is a mystery..... :hm

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

I never keep any money in my account, so I am safe, ha ha ha...

Cybernetic Organism (Organismo Cibernetico)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

So so so sorry to hear about it Rory. Maybe you could give us more details?

Do you have online banking Rory? What clues can you help us to advise? Did you click on an email? Do you use credit card shopping online?

Were you a victim of a Nigerian banking scam?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

Rory Kings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

Ok have sorted it out.

It was my own visa card that hacked into my account and took the money.

My bank is the Halifax. and the visa card is part of the same bank.

I was a bit late with a payment or two. So they decided that they would help themselves to my money. Bast_ards.

So if anyone has their credit cards linked to their bank. They can look at your accounts and help themselves to money from your account.

Even the people that i spoke to about this at my bank agree it is wrong and should not be allowed,

So from Monday i am closing down that bank account and getting a new one.

So If anyone has credit cards issued from their bank watch out for sneeky doings.

So i have been hacked, but by Visa. How under hand.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

Hi Rory...

what they have done is totally illegal!!! .. they have robbed you basically... even if you were late with the payment they have no right to take it from you!!

If you lived closer I would have took you out for a drink or many!! :)

Try THIS BANK

take care

paul

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

Ah yes that's what happens if your VISA card (or any credit card) is linked to your bank account, they take the money out of your bank account. Nasty but legal I believe. Bugger them. Big hugs from HOng KOng.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever been hacked Reply with quote

I thought they couldn't, ours is tied in with the bank and i have been late with a payment but they never took any money out the account. Plastic is fantastic.... until the bill drops thru ya door and breaks the matt!!! :lol

Paul

Sterling30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: It's legal allright.. Reply with quote

You probably signed an agreement allowing it, I may have the same thing happen to me soon but I'm making sure I keep my balance at a low level so it doesn't happen.

See i signed an agrrement with Sam Ash for finiancing on some purchases and because I'm staying with the requirements and they can't charge me interest they just decided to cancel the agreement and put me into a high interest bracket, but they do have the right to take the entire balance out of my account, but it's not there so they can't.

Sneeky bastards. First they present an agreement leading people to belive they automatically deduct the payments from your account like American Musical does, but 6 weeks later you get a letter stating you missed the first payment when in reality they never sent you a bill,, (A Sam Ash employee told me they do this to everyone..)

So my balance is pretty low and I just have to see what interest they'll be expecting.. If it's too high I'll just pay it off but I'll tell you, I've about had it with on-line purchases.., I think I'm going to stop them completely..

Rory Kings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: It's legal allright.. Reply with quote

I never signed any agrement with the bank. They have the power to do as they wish.

I will keep this account open with only minimum funds in it so it wont happen again.

In my line of work i work for only 8 months of the year due to the weather. So this year i will pay off all my cards and open an other account that is not linlked to my visa cards, so they can whistle in the future,

So i will not be commiting suicide just yet :rant

Sterling30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: I should clarify... Reply with quote

San Ash as a store is fine, it's the lending institution they're affiliated with that are good at underhanded manuevers.., if they have no intention of honoring 0 interest purchase agreements, they shouldn't offer them..

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: I should clarify... Reply with quote

Rory, you probably signed 'something' when you got the credit card.....

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: I just got my Sam Ash bill today.. Reply with quote

All of the sudden I have a $112 "deferred interest" bill... WTF???

Amazing... I've been paying an extra $100 each month on my payments and out of the blue they just decide to cancel the agreement and tack on $112 in additional fees..

No more 0% (yeah..) loans for me..

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I just got my Sam Ash bill today.. Reply with quote

that's crazy

can't you formally yell at your bank for low security system

actually here in spain noone can take your funds unless you give a signature,

was it by a visa transaction or what?

that sounds scary

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: