MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia victims
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

55000 + people believed to be dead... so sad...

Paul

Edited by: ED1G  at: 12/28/04 21:20
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

Chris (Aquarian Age)

THANK you so much for providing these useful links.

With your help I found pictures and a "Missing Parents" announcement from the niece of Werner, my band's bass player, Sophia Michl at the Phuket Inter Hospital site's frontpage !

I did sent the link to Werner and thank you in his name !!!!!!!!

Also thanks to BB-Chris for sending links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you will be fortunate in your search soon as well!!!!

www.phuket-inter-hospital.co.th/siriroj.html

She looks hard struck and it is heartbreaking to know with further certainty, that her parents, Edeltraud and Norbert Michl, will not return from this gruesome catastrophe...

Sophia will now be flown out tomorrow with a German government airplane 'home' to Werner and his family.

Sometimes catastrophes like these are far away, at this time it was very near for my friend's circle....................

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

It's so good to see that poor, sweet little girl is alive and receiving medical care, Mike! Sophia looks very bruised and that breaks my heart, but her physical wounds should heal well with further care.

But her inner and emotional health will need a great amount of love and strong care for a very long time, especially if she has lost her parents. This little girl is in my thoughts and prayer.

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: This is so sad... Reply with quote

..so, so sad...

Gotta cherish every moment of life...

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

Aftermath of the earthquake: Shorter days

Published December 28, 2004

Chicago Tribune

Tom Skilling,chief meteorologist at WGN-TV.

Incredibly, the magnitude 9.0 earthquake that struck off Sumatra on Sunday morning caused a vertical displacement of so much material that the rotation period of the Earth has been permanently altered. By a tiny but measurable amount, the Earth is now rotating more quickly on its axis, and the 24-hour day is now one ten-thousandth second shorter.That's the result of calculations based on preliminary data made by Oak Park astronomer Dr. Leslie M. Golden. It's analogous to the increase in rotational speed that a twirling ice skater experiences when he or she draws in their arms. It is estimated that during the Sumatran quake, a block of material roughly 600 miles in length and 100 miles in width fell 30 feet closer to the Earth's axis of rotation. The planet has responded by rotating more rapidly, albeit ever so slightly, and our 24-hour days are now one ten-thousandth second shorter.

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

Don´t know what to say Mike!

I´m glad Sophia is found and comes "home", but its soo sad that there is no positive news of her parents!

Tell Werner and his family that I wish them all the best and all power they need to come through this!

When I first saw this my little daughter was sitting beside me and when she saw Sopias pictures she immediately said "Girl hurt" and was sad so I stopped reading immediately, shut down the computer and explained to her that the girl will be alright soon, is now in hospital but will come home soon....and then read a book with her...

I really hope Sophia will be able to laugh again soon!

trakmasteruk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Sophia Reply with quote

sorry to see that mikeb...poor little girl...

I sincerely wish her help...

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

There is not much hope for her parents and my bass player's family is in horrible condition and they fear some media hype when Sophia arrives (hopefully) today at the Frankfurt airport (there were meanwhile TV and newspapers reporting about her over here).

What a disaster this all is.

Cybernetic Organism68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

Quote:
The only positive thing I can do (apart from donating money to Red Cross & Care International) is I'm talking to people about organising a concert to get more funds to donate.

If you want, I will send you some footage to play on a screen in the background (I saw background projections in the pics I have of you).

It's not much, but I would like to help, somehow.

I'm too broke to send money, at the moment.

PANick11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

:(

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

Quote:
they fear some media hype when Sophia arrives (hopefully) today at the Frankfurt airport (there were meanwhile TV and newspapers reporting about her over here).

I hope the media leave her alone, Mike!

I can understand why the media would cover it, though. In the US it's called a "human interest story" , because it touches people's hearts. I know that I'd love to hold her, tell her that things will be all right and really spoil Sophia after what she's been through! Just to see her smile.

But the last thing she and uncle/aunt & family need is a bunch of media people harrassing them with the phone calls, putting cameras in their faces and a million stupid questions. They will need time alone to start the healing they all need. That will take a long time to do.

Send the media off to find out what Brittney or Madonna is doing instead!

My heart goes out to the family in their sorrow as they go through it all and I hope for them many bright & happy days in the future.

Hawaiian Fireman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

Been trying to think of something to say, but there is really nothing anyone can say to ease the hurt of this terrible, terrible tragedy. Life is so precious, and so very, very fragile.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

I don't know if this link would be of any help to anybody or if it's already been tried out, but I'll post it anyway:

Missing People

"Missing people - This site helps to find information about missing relatives and friends after the earthquake in South East Asia"

It has an easy to use search box to search for the missing by name, age, country, etc. - if the person is not found, you can add a create a record for the person.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

Last night Sophia returned home with a medical Airbus of the German Luftwaffe.

She is in worse condition than it appears on the pictures and now in a hospital here in Frankfurt, but she will be fine.

I just hear in the news that 3,000 people from Sweden are feared dead in Thailand. Sweden is now by far the most hit 'tourist' country in this disaster after Germany with 1,500 possible deaths.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers 4 the Earthquake & Tidal Wave S.E. Asia vict Reply with quote

It's so good hearing that she's in her home country and will be seeing familiar faces, Mike.

If you think of it, please let the family know that "internet friends" (who they don't know!) have been thinking of Sophia and of all of them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: