MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

If Michael Jackson is found guilty, will you still
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: er um Reply with quote

Personally, the idea disgusts me to no end.

But, if it's done innocently, (I think that IS conceivable), is that a crime?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: er um Reply with quote

When does innocent become guilty? Where is the line drawn? Why do we have moral guidelines in life? Is there anything wrong with children learning about sexuality from adults who are not their parents or care-takers? Should an adult explain masturbation to children? Should he demonstrate it for better clarity? All in innocence of course, so that the children understands better. That's surely OK isn't it? As long as the adult is innocent of ulterior motive? I'm confused

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: er um Reply with quote

I think we have to differentiate between "sleeping with" and "having sex with"......

Personally, I don't think everyone necessarily believes that "sleeping with" implies sex. I do, and that's why the idea repulses me so much.

Anyways.

My point is, what would the criminal charge be, if no sex was involved?

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

quote "Should an adult explain masturbation to children? Should he demonstrate it for better clarity? All in innocence of course, so that the children understands better. That's surely OK isn't it?"

Nope, thats NOT ok. If that's what MJ did he needs a kick in the pants. I don't follow this news, but if all he did was SLEEP with some kids, I'd have a problem with criminalising that.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Yep.

If he had sexual involvement with young children, he needs more than a kick in the pants.

If that's the case, he should be crucified, castrated, boiled in oil, and fed to the pigs. (Sorry - I feel strongly about this issue...)

However... - if he simply slept in the same bed as a child, with NO sexual intent or action, (do you think that's even remotely possible..?)......?

What would the criminal charge be?

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 2/22/05 18:33
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Ok.

I hate to push the point....

But Curiosity overtakes me....

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Quote:
if he simply slept in the same bed as a child, with NO sexual intent or action, (do you think that's even remotely possible..?)......?

Drooly - I believe that if the parents gave it their okay, the only possible charge would be "acting really creepy for a middle-aged man". And if being creepy were illegal, Jacko would've been sentenced to life a long time ago!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Yes, Ron....

The whole topic is creepy.

To those of us who associate "sleeping with" with sex.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Oh yes 'sleeping with' does have more than one meaning! I totally agree. We all hope it's the most innocent meaning in this trial.

It will be interesting when the trial brings out the fact that MJ liked to give the boys alcohol too. But that's a whole different thread. :ft

DrewLeeMutt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

An adult feeding alcohol to young Children is also very creepy.

Did he do that?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

I don't know for sure. That's what the uncle of the previous victim (the one MJ paid off 10 years ago) said. He's not bound by the 'confidentiality agreement' that the boy & his family had to sign. I guess the only people who truly know are the children, MJ and any staff that was around (I cant see MJ cooking or cleaning, so there must be some, right?).

Do you remember that case in the States (I only know coz they made a movie about it) where this therapist put all these ideas into children's heads that they were being molested by a teacher? ANd it was a personal vendetta of the therapist? And no molestation had happened? And showing how vulnerable children are? I can't remember the name of the movie but watched it recently on HBO. Just goes to show children ARE easily influenced - either way....

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Chris, you hit the nail on the head with that therapist story. That was not an isolated case. Many delinquent/dysfunctional children had "hypnosis" underwhich they revealed sexual abuse by their parents. A lot of it was later disproved, since the therapists were actually suggesting things and the children were agreeing.

There's another movement - the "don't let the parents discipline their children" that is playing a role in an increasingly disfunctional socially irresponsible children and society in general. For example, people calling in the cops if they see a mother trying to discipline a child, even a smack on the hand. The whole thing has gone to ridiculous extremes, and parents are now really scared of telling their child right from wrong.

I still hold to innocent until proven guilty. I am sure there is a lot of money to be had if the plaintiff wins.

On the other hand, if he is guilty (and if I myself am convinced that he is - because trials are not always fair), he really deserves the max. penalty.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

I second what you say Debbie.

I was never a fan of Gary Glitter so don't have that problem with him and of course MJ is way BIGGER SUPERSTAR than GG. I heard they've got a jury for MJ without a sympathetic black person on the jury.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you remember that case in the States (I only know coz they made a movie about it) where this therapist put all these ideas into children's heads that they were being molested by a teacher?

Chris - I think the case you might have in mind (it was made into a movie) may be the McMartin preschool case, involving "Satanic Ritual Abuse":

and this might be the movie you mentioned?

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 2/25/05 22:35
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: gotta differentiate Reply with quote

Quote:
I still hold to innocent until proven guilty. I am sure there is a lot of money to be had if the plaintiff wins.

On the other hand, if he is guilty (and if I myself am convinced that he is - because trials are not always fair), he really deserves the max. penalty.

Yeah, Debbie - you do have to stop and wonder when parents (and lawyers) could make mega-$$$ from such things.

Especially if they bring it up after some time has passed by. I think the immediate normal human reaction of most parents would be to kick MJ's @ss and pound him into a pulp, post haste. Money wouldn't factor into the equation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: