MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Well last night was AWESOME! I didn't get into Bowie's music till 90s and last night was just stunning. My favourite Bowie song is "Suffragette City" I really couldn't explain why although I love the "Wham Bam Thank you Mam" part :wgrin

He kicked off the evening with "Rebel Rebel" which got half the audience onto their feet. Shaun & I rushed down to behind the photographers so that we could dance. As goodison predicted, the photographers left after the second song and we had a great view and great sound all night.

The musicians - I could only remember Earl Slick's name as it was indeed Earl Slick on guitar! What a guitar God he is!! Brilliant! Tight band. The bass player was awesome - she had awesome vocals too. Listen to her and Bowie sing on Under Pressure - a 21 seconds avi file.

This was probably the best song of the night performance-wise. Although of course it was a great show.

He performed a few tracks from his new album; Reality and the title track was really good - very hard rock. Loved it.

He performed songs from all his different albums. Can anyone guess what this track is? (10 seconds avi file)

:wgrin

And he did a few covers too - he covered a Pixies song and also a Nirvana song (hahahaha just kidding!) He did make a joke about how at festivals that kids would come up to him and say "you're so cool doing a nirvana song" and he did this one which some of you will know - it was an awesome cover! (28 seconds avi file)

And yes he did the perfect encore - Lets Dance, something I've forgotten, Suffragette City (!!!) and Ziggy. I was jumping around like a fool by this point so no photos or vids. Just brilliant memories.....

Clif (aka goodison) do you have the set list? Do you remember all the songs he played?

Here's my photos:

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Those little .avi clips are brilliant.....

Chris, you should have broken through security, and jumped up on stage with David......

I think you and he would work together on stage like peanut butter & jam... - I'm serious......

(I can just imagine the choreography to "Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am..................)

hahahahahaha *banana*pepper*banana*........

Tres cool, mademoiselle.....:)

Did he do "China Girl"...¿

?

LanaCrowley02

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Wow .. Glad you had a great time Chris .. I have never gotten to see Bowie in concert although I have heard he puts on one hell of a show !!

Pics are fantastic and the sound files are great too !! thanks for sharing ! :)

Lana Crowley

Check out My band site:

Wildfire Country Band

"There is only one happiness in life,to love and be loved."

- George Sand -

LanaCrowley02 is:

Satch Norton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Sounds like you had a great time Chris - cool little clips,great pix! Thank you - you lucky person!!!!

It's about the music!!
Satch Norton - Susan Raven - Previews - CD sales

rod steel global

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Wish I was there... :bawling

®od

{Rod RetroMusic Steel}{Export Music Swedish}

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

the first concert i ever saw was david bowie. i have loved his music ever since high school. the concert blew me away because of the musicality and the stage. what a genious that guy is!

my fav memory (besides the music) of the show i saw (i think it may have been somewhere in 1980 or so) was during space oddity when the stage was dark and a soft spot came up on him and another on a giant ball that looked like a globe. just when the fastish part of the song started he kicked the ball into the crowd and the spot followed it while the crowd batted it around. it was a way cool moment to watch that and hear the song live. somehow magically, the ball ended up back on stage as the song ended and the lights dimmed back down to be just the ball lit up in the end. it was WAYYY cool.

i'd love to see bowie again now. that dude is awesome and brilliant. and a hell of a good musician.

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

clownie :

i like pie

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Cool pics!!!! :) :aw

Looks like Bowie came with more Multimedia walls than loudspeakers! :D

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for having a look!

And yes Drooly - he played China Girl! The crowd went wild! hahahahahaha

Lana - if you ever get the chance, do it!

Thanks Satch!

Rod - don't cry - he lives closer to you than me!

BUD!! That's a really cool thing!! I'd never tell anyone the first concert I saw - hahahahhhaha I think his gig was better than the Stones.....

Mike! hahahaha The multimedia display behind him was run by 2 notebook computers (I was standing really close to them) hahahaha Actually for a Bowie concert, I heard it was the least 'technical' least 'effect-driven' concert. They really knew how to use the lights. That last clip the lights were quite intense....

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Earl Slick is a local boy.. Reply with quote

From Pt. Huron, Mi., about 20 miles from where I grew up.., he did well allright..

I've seen Bowie twice Chris, always a phenomenal show..

Judas Goat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: always been a big Bowie fan Reply with quote

My favorite CDs of his I listen to still all the time

Station to Station

Low

Live at the Tower Theater

Chris did you know he wrote the song All the Young Dudes ?

And also, Lennon cowrote Fame with him. heh

NinaGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: always been a big Bowie fan Reply with quote

Very cool Chris.

Nina@envy.com

;)

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: always been a big Bowie fan Reply with quote

Hey you naughty girl. NO cams aloud at concerts.......

Well thats what we get told all the time!! :)

Great pics and clips Chris......... Under Pressure..... well say no more, Iam a die hard Queen Fan... :lol

Thanx Chris!!

Paul

NEW : Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Ampcast

Soundclick

Moonfruit

Free Audio Player

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: always been a big Bowie fan Reply with quote

Hi Chris.

I saw Bowie last November at Wembley Stadium in London.

I'm not a big fan, but my biz partner Pauline took me and I loved it! :)

:ww

Mike

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com - Britain's coolest interactive online CD store!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: DAVID BOWIE concert review, photos & vid clips!! Reply with quote

Fun to see the cool vid snippets, Chris!

Never was much of Bowie fan, but I do like "Golden Years", "Fame" and "Changes".

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

SIGHS

thank u :)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: