MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MikeyJ. I have a MAJOR beef with you over your...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

Quote:
Do I wear them when I get home or when I go out??? NO!!

You go bare nekkid, eh? :eek

I really don't know if any person would pass "inspection" if people pored over the person's every utterance in a hunt to be offended!

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Scott.... Reply with quote

Quote:
Go ahead and support Pauline for comments like this, it shows how messed up you are.

Is this at me??

CD Single : LOOK AT ME: SOUND CLICK: FAP: GET ME MUSIC: IC-MUSIC

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Scott.... Reply with quote

Ron..:lol

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: She is the co-owner of an OMD. Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm defending a friend.

It actually sounds more like your personal grudge, Larree. I'm sure that the friend can speak for him/herself quite well. In fact, your assumption that the friend can't handle it by him/herself really doesn't speak well of your estimation of her/him.

Hopping a ride on a passing "Offense Express" usually gets a person derailed, off track and ending up nowhere fast.

Quote:
turning the other way and refusing to accept the FACT that his wonderful partner made some nasty, vile comments

Even if that is the case, what if someone sustituted your name and changed the offended group to "Palestinians"? Not to argue that point here, just using it to illustrate my underlying point/concept - people could find your comments as "nasty & vile" - is that correct? So would they be right to do the same kind of attacks on you that you're speaking of - if they "firmly believe they are doing the RIGHT thing"?

Perhaps the best way to avoid such issues is to make a list of things you believe people should not be allowed to express a different slant on and prominently post the only acceptable views/thoughts. Of course, you would in turn be bound to express only the acceptable views on the list they submit to you.

But being humans, and quite unique & individual humans at that, there might be a few problems with the solution.

And it would make the world a tediously boring place.

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 10/23/03 11:50 pm
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re:Bed time Reply with quote

I need to go to bed now.............:)

I still back GMM 100%

Its a business...........:)

Paul

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Re:Bed time Reply with quote

g'night!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I can't believe the lame comments to Larree here Reply with quote

Quote:
-Go ahead and support Pauline for comments like this -

I support your right to offer comments that counter someone else's comments. Especially if you can manage to do it where/when such exchanges are actually taking place.

You may even say something that might possibly offend someone else - if that hasn't happened yet. If it hasn't, then you've had a very unique online existence.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: GMM Reply with quote

I am not pleased about Pauline's comments (UNDER STATEMENT). :bonk

Larree is correct about one thing: Pauline, whether she likes it or not, does represent GMM and GMM Records. Whether she posted such comments @ GMM or anywhere where else on the Net does reflect on GMM.

However, painting all of GMM with the same brush is not fair.

Scott Time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: I just find it surprising Reply with quote

that these people would have nothing negative to say about Pauline's comments. I mean, you actually find a co-owner of an OMD gaybashing IN THE NAME OF THE OMD to be acceptable ? Man what accepting people you are.

Here's the thread where she made the comments by the way. Wasn't even in response to anything said about her, she was defending her friend Boog who is THE worst gaybasher in the community.

pub19.ezboard.com/fnetjam...=1&stop=20

Scott Time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Ron, you gave me a smile Reply with quote

"You may even say something that might possibly offend someone else - if that hasn't happened yet."

ha ha ha ha ha

oh, maybe once or twice I've done that. :)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron, you gave me a smile Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe once or twice I've done that.

Not me. Ever. (Believe that and I've got a bridge in Brooklyn and prime swampland to sell ya!)

But anyhoo, that looks to be barely even a mild tempest in a teapot. People just spitballing random thoughts in a thread, some flames tossed in by anons.

Anyone giving it even just a cursory glance will note the actual supposition and point of contention was re: centering self-promotion on one's assumed or presumed attributes. That is a question that Phil has raised here from time to time (e.g. female artists using looks/sexuality for promotion) and he's gotten counter arguments.

At any rate, if such an exchange is the worst offence that anybody has ever run into, well, the world has just turned into a real piece of cake - with frosting!

Scott Time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Ron, you gave me a smile Reply with quote

well, it's a pattern of irresponsible behavior by a co-owner of an OMD.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ron, you gave me a smile Reply with quote

Quote:
well, it's a pattern of irresponsible behavior by a co-owner of an OMD.

No - person(s) who go in soley to attack, looking to start trouble- and then taking tearful offence when confronted for their ill manners - are acting out a pattern of "irresponsible behaviour". Or,as it's just as often called online, trolling.

If someone wants to successfully claim "victim status" they best not jump into places throwing around wild punches and then falling apart if someone flips 'em da bird in response. That's what happened there and I'd give the good 'ol heat-kitchen caveat as the correct way to deal. (i.e. "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen")

Scott Time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ron, you gave me a smile Reply with quote

oh, I see, you find all fighting to be of equal tender. If somebody calls you an a-hole for instance, then if one made a racial, ethnic or sexual preference slur it would be justifiable according to you.

Sorry, you're way off. Gaybashing in no way can be classified as "the heat". How did you get to be so simple ?

Furthermore, Pauline's comments were not a response to an attack on her.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: MikeyJ. I have a MAJOR beef with you over your... Reply with quote

Larree, I understand you're upset and I'm sorry to be dragged into this. It would appear a bit odd to mention one's company and then quote some venomous statements. However we've all posted things in anger and no-one's perfect, including people who run OMDs :eek

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: