MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

This has freaked me out!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Audio as well..... Reply with quote

Oops.. never pick Blue eh?:eyebrow

:lol

The Bass player I used on Bitch and am gonna use on the forthcoming album plays in a local band called Tommy and The Oddballs (don't ask why!! :lol )....... Their line up is , Bass, Drums, rhythm guitar, lead guitar and lead vocal......

Now their guitarist can't make a gig cos of other band comitments...... so what?..... They want me to fill his boots and play guitar AND keys......... Ah not a problem?...... the gig is THIS Saturday night in front of 350 people.... Thats the problem!! :lol .... apart from me not being very well...... not much time to learn their sets..... :lol

BROWN SUGAR By Tommy and The Odballs

Set list :

I SAW HER STANDING THERE

I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND

DAYTRIPPER

I FEEL FINE

YOU REALLY GOT ME

ALL DAY & ALL OF THE NIGHT

SUNNY AFTERNOON

GIMME ALL YOUR LOVIN'

SHARP DRESSED MAN

WISHING WELL

ALRIGHT NOW

BROWN EYED GIRL

SUMMER OF 69

RUN TO YOU

SOMEBODY

CANT GET ENOUGH

WE GOTTA GET OUTTA THIS PLACE

FIRE

WONDERFULL TONIGHT

GET OFF MY CLOUD

ALL OR NOTHING

SOME MIGHT SAY

BROWN SUGAR

LETS STICK TOGETHER

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

SUBSTITUTE

CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE

ALL THE YOUNG DUDES

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

JEEPSTER

HEY ROCK AND ROLL

SHANG-A-LANG

MIDNIGHT HOUR

FIRE

AINT SEEN NOTHING YET

CROSSROADS

WONDERFULL TONIGHT....... etc...
....:rollin

I aint played live for ages and NEVER played guitar live.....:x

Should I agree?? :)

Paul

CD Single : LOOK AT ME: SOUND CLICK: FAP: GET ME MUSIC: IC-MUSIC

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: This has freaked me out!! Reply with quote

The Bass player I used on Bitch and am gonna use on the forthcoming album plays in a local band called Tommy and The Oddballs (don't ask why!! :lol )....... Their line up is , Bass, Drums, rhythm guitar, lead guitar and lead vocal......

Now their guitarist can't make a gig cos of other band comitments...... so what?..... They want me to fill his boots and play guitar AND keys......... Ah not a problem?...... the gig is THIS Saturday night in front of 350 people.... Thats the problem!! :lol .... apart from me not being very well...... not much time to learn their sets..... :lol

Set list :

I SAW HER STANDING THERE

I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND

DAYTRIPPER

I FEEL FINE

YOU REALLY GOT ME

ALL DAY & ALL OF THE NIGHT

SUNNY AFTERNOON

GIMME ALL YOUR LOVIN'

SHARP DRESSED MAN

WISHING WELL

ALRIGHT NOW

BROWN EYED GIRL

SUMMER OF 69

RUN TO YOU

SOMEBODY

CANT GET ENOUGH

WE GOTTA GET OUTTA THIS PLACE

FIRE

WONDERFULL TONIGHT

GET OFF MY CLOUD

ALL OR NOTHING

SOME MIGHT SAY

BROWN SUGAR

LETS STICK TOGETHER

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

SUBSTITUTE

CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE

ALL THE YOUNG DUDES

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

JEEPSTER

HEY ROCK AND ROLL

SHANG-A-LANG

MIDNIGHT HOUR

FIRE

AINT SEEN NOTHING YET

CROSSROADS

WONDERFULL TONIGHT....... etc...
....:rollin

I aint played live for ages and NEVER played guitar live.....:x

Should I agree?? :)

Paul

DO IT
DON'T DO IT
ARE YOU CRAZY
YOU ARE CRAZY

Show results

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm pretty sure Reply with quote

Do it.

You only live once in this World, boo-boo.

Do it.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm pretty sure Reply with quote

looks like I better get the cam ready!! :)

Thanx Debbie and Drooly :)

Paul

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: I'm pretty sure Reply with quote

your repertoire covers most on that set. Do it, get in front of them and go for it. If the band cancels now they're stuffed, and if you stuff up they're stuffed too, so might as well go down fighting! heh!

But I'm sure you wont stuff up and you're rarin' to go! Scary, but what a rush!

Cheers!

Edited by: debbie mannas at: 10/22/03 4:29 am
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm pretty sure Reply with quote

If I were not prepared I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't take the chance of being emberassed in front of 350 people and most likely not get thanks from the band because you helped them sound like crap. Any other musicians hearing you probably would never call you for any fo their gigs either. I would rather bow out of such a gig than chance my rep being screwed up.

GetMeMusic

BeSonic

SoundClick

Phil_Frazier2003@hotmail.com

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: ahhh Reply with quote

but I think Paul used to perform professionally - which means he likely already has this repertoire and just needs a run through. Its amazing how it all comes back.

If the majority of the songs were new to me I wouldn't do it either. That would be really risky.

This happened to me once - i was asked to stand in last minute, but luckily the gig was only about 6 or 7 songs. NONE of which I knew. I had to learn them all in less than a week, with only one rehearsal. ugh. It was scary but I got through it, and the organisers remembered me for next time heh. But from your point of view Phil, as a front person you are much more exposed and screw ups are far more difficult to hide.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: ahhh Reply with quote

Actually I was speaking in terms of being a bass player. I have played in quite a few bands as a basspalyer and have been on gigs where I got called to stand in. If I felt uncomfortable about not knowing even a few of the songs I wouldn't do it.

One time I got called for a high class hotel gig. The guy said the group just played standard type songs. After I got there and they showed me the set list I almost fainted. It was Jazz standards, which mostly I didn't know. :ohno

I had the list and keys so I turned my bass amp down real low and faked it. It went ok but then the audience was not really focused on the music. It was sorta background to them. I got paid about $150 so I guess it was worth the stress but I learned to ask for a set list before I ever showed up at any gig for any stand jobs after that.

GetMeMusic

BeSonic

SoundClick

Phil_Frazier2003@hotmail.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: This has freaked me out!! Reply with quote

Paul!! How flattering for your friend to ask you! I say DO IT!

Cause they are old standards and you can brush up on them this week.

Few words of advice - let the band know before the day, if you really can't manage any of the songs due to whatever reason. And let them know which ones you are TIGHT on! And possibly stick to more keyboards as you sound more comfortable with that?

Are you rehearsing with them before the gig? I would say it's a MUST even if you only meet up with the bassist & drummer. If this band takes themselves seriously, they will take your rehearsal seriously etc.

And yes please remember to turn on the video cam!! :rollin

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: This has freaked me out!! Reply with quote

Hi Phil!! :) i get what ya saying Phil and your right..... however....the band have been playing 20 years together and are not relying on me 100%... I will be "Filling the sound out".... :)

Hi Chris!! :) .... There will be no rehersal but the bass player is comming to mine tomorrow night to run thru the set.... they dont do all of the above songs....BUT they tend to pick the set just before the gig...:eek .... however this time I have to know now!! :)

I will be doing more keys than guitar :) . I also have the chords written down to wich I can read and play:)

If I dont feel right about it come saturday I dont have to do it, the gig is going ahead either way........Phew :)

Paul

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: This has freaked me out!! Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll have a great time Paul!! Have fun playing with the bassist!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: