MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Artist That Rescued MP3.com's Website...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LyinDanTheManagerMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: well Reply with quote

they're idiots.

and steve isn't.

that's the difference.

VoGE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: The Artist That Rescued MP3.com's Website... Reply with quote

fyi: TheRegister.com has picked up on the story and it's currently on their front page.

Story: Day The Music Died On MP3.com

...VoGE

LyinDanTheManagerMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: haha! Reply with quote

I'm extremely proud of you. that's no lie!

VoGE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: haha! Reply with quote

Fark.com
now has a link about all this too! They also have a forum

accompanying the story
and it can get rough in there!

Come on in the water's fine! :)

...VoGE

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: haha! Reply with quote

Quote:
Fark.com now has a link about all this too! They also have a forum accompanying the story and it can get rough in there!

Farking is great good fun, all sorts of folks giving one another some sh*t and enjoying it. A wider range of playmates, too, than you find at more "serious" places like NYT forums(too left) or with the Freepers (too right). Reading Fark's links & comments is always good for a laugh.

markhewer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

Steve...you are the coolest:hat Great job man!:yo

Mark

MP3Artists

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

VoGE said

fyi: TheRegister.com has picked up on the story and it's currently on their front page.

I can tell you one thing I have been telling everybody I know about. and I have posted it on messageboards as well.

I haven't mentioned VoGE's name ( but I will if you want me too man, hell, I'll post a link to your page. )

INDIES have always been the driving force, and only group that ever really gave a dam about MP3.com

......and now The Golden Eagle has given "voice" to that fact

and his actions are something all INDIES SHOULD BE PROUD OF !

Maybe we can embarass Vivendi into letting INDIES run the show at MP3.com. Ya know I think I just might call the story into the News Wire services.. Maybe it will make the national news. I will not use your name, Steve, if you desire privacy. I'll just say "an indie artist" figured it out and saved the day.

But I imagine it would drive alot of people to your page if I said The Voice of The Golden Eagle saved the day. :D

let me know man,

you can email me from

www.chrisgardner.com...if you don't mind.

:D

whaddya think Golden Eagle ?

Edited by: MP3Artists at: 10/7/03 6:57 pm
MP3Artists

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

over 10,000 hits on the Fark story link alone. I think you are going to be selling some CDs, Steve ! Talk about good karma ! couldn't happen to a better guy !

LMAO, MP3.com corporate is finally being exposed for what it really is. A fking joke. :fg

Edited by: MP3Artists at: 10/8/03 12:30 am
Blumberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

If the NY Times picks up on it which they very possibly might, that will be fun too.

VoGE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

Chris... I sincerely appreciate your kind and generous offer. If

you feel lead to do something like that I certainly would have

no reason to want to hide my identity (or my MUSIC)! I am an

artist in search of a wider audience, as are we all.

Thanks again!

...Steve/VoGE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

Hi Steve! (now I know your name!!) What kind and generous offer did I make? hahahahaahahhaha Unless you're now pulling my leg!! Good for you!

May your underblurb rule forever! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Netjams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

I think he did good :D . But I know some that may have done bad with it :insane

VoGE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion Chris, I was referring back to something Chris Gardner had said.

So I have you to thank for this glorious underblurb, I presume? Well, I appreciate it...

I think.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Steve...you're the coolest! Reply with quote

It seems that the only people on the Planet who are unaware of the whole fiasco, (or grateful to VoGE), are whoever is left at mp3.com.....

Why am I not surprised?

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Artist That Rescued MP3.com's Website... Reply with quote

This just rushed in...

Quote:
SOPHIE MP3 (Moderator)

Oct 08, 2003 at 14:43:24 Re: Tuesday, October 7th, 2003

Dear MP3 Artists:

We wanted to provide you information in response to questions that have been asked concerning a recent MP3.com site outage.

Indeed, we can confirm that much of the MP3.com web site was temporarily inoperable for part of Saturday, October 4. Moreover, it is true that a MP3.com artist very graciously used his own credit card to "renew" an existing VUNet registration for the domain name "mp3s.com" on that same date.

As we have confirmed with our domain name registrar, however, the expired status of that domain name did not give rise to the operational problems we experienced. And, while we greatly appreciated the MP3.com artists' gesture and are reimbursing him for the $35.00 he spent, it turns out that the timing of his renewal payment was coincidental with the resolution of the site wide problem. We are currently working with our engineers and appropriate outside service providers to isolate the cause of the outage and prevent similar service interruptions from occurring in the future.

As many of you know, the artist who purchased the renewal on our behalf is a highly involved and important member of the MP3.com artist community. It was his concern for the artist pages of hundreds of thousands of MP3.com artists, as well as his own artist page, that motivated him to do what he believed would help keep the music streaming. It's the latest in a long line of examples of the extraordinary collegiality and support the members of our artist community consistently show toward one another and to MP3.com.

Sincerely,

MP3.com

MIKE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: