MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

British vs. U.S. spelling....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: British vs. U.S. spelling.... Reply with quote

Speaking of annoyed, dammit....!

People keep saying "Scottish".....

It should be "Scots"....dammit.!!!!!

Sigh.

Sorry - It's just because I can't sleep, and I need someone to rag on....

ack.

sethr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Hey Debbie Reply with quote

Is your first language English? Do you speak Kannada? How about Hindi?

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Hey Sethr Reply with quote

My first language is English on account of the hotchpotch that I am; I can read and write Kannada and Hindi, having studied it for 10 years at school, but unfortunately, cannot understand a word of what I'm reading or writing since my vocabulary sucks. I can (very guardedly) somewhat read and understand French, but cannot speak or understand when people are speaking very fast.

Languages are not my forte, since my recall for non-logical stuff such as names and foreign vocabulary is the PITS. If English weren't my first language I'm sure I'd be awful at it.

It's weird how I can remember events and conversations literally word for word, but blank out when searching for someone's name or a particular word. I frequently call objects "things". Like if someone asks me where somethings is i'll say "its on top of that thing in the thing room". also, I frequently find myself asking "dyu know where that thing is?" and then getting mad that people cannot read my mind and figure out what I mean. Yeah. I can be verrry irritating. Not intentionally, you understand...

:wgrin

Does anyone else have bad memory for names and such?

sethr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Sethr Reply with quote

Debbie-

You sound like my girlfriend. She only has a one word vocabulary-"thing" (well sometimes "thingie"). Then she gets pissed when I don't know what she's talking about.

I can never remember anyone's name.

sethr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: British vs. U.S. spelling.... Reply with quote

Drooly-

Caballero means horseman (as in rider).

Did she call you a "gay caballero"?

Edited by: sethr at: 10/6/03 1:42 pm
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Sethr Reply with quote

actually it is spelled y'all. the plural is "all y'all"

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: thingie Reply with quote

yeah, I say thingie all the time too. hahahahaha. OK, glad I'm not alone.

I have embarassed myself sooooooo many times over names its not funny. I've mixed up the names of the band when introducing them, forgotten my best friend's name when it was time to introduce her to someone we ran into on the road... its awful. Sometimes I think its a sickness or something. And the more I stress over it the blanker my mind gets.

I've warned all my friends about this, and told them never to be insulted if I forget their names. Its gotten so that they've come to expect it. Of course, THEN the mind performs! what a life!

:g

droolysis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: British vs. U.S. spelling.... Reply with quote

battries.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: British vs. U.S. spelling.... Reply with quote

ha...!

definately.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: British vs. U.S. spelling.... Reply with quote

Drooly - the Scottish people I know refer to themselves as Scottish.... I'll ask one next time I see one! :banana

I'm good with names and numbers - I think it's all to do with what you associate with names and numbers - I'm sure I read somewhere that you can improve your memory like that.

I realised then that I do it subconsciously eg there's this couple I know called Mark and Mandy but in my head I nicknamed them "Mork and Mindy" which was something Robin Williams did before he became famous (I once watched a whole weekend of the sitcom haahaha) so I always laugh when I see one or the other of them! hahahaha With numbers I put a musical stance on them - I kind of sing them into my memory! hahahaha Don't people with perfect pitch relate them to colours? wheeeeeeeeeee This thread is MOST interesting!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: