MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires ....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
questionnaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires .... Reply with quote

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/3330/3330925.html ">NINEFOLD

Hi, it's Steve H from The Questionnaires. I've produced a theme-tune type thingy with my new Triton. It's my first go at this sort of thing, so I would appreciate some comments. Thanks.

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

Hi Steve.

WOW! Beautiful.

I found myself swaying from side to side....it gave me that "fairground ride" feeling.

Does this mean that a solo album is on the cards???

:gl

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Sell your music on Getmemusic.com

Getmemusic.com Messageboard

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

listening......

yikes - that D to C# REALLY freaks me out, Steve.

is that the effect you were shooting for?

It's a little too intellectual for my taste......

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

I think Steve is a master craftsman at creating things that you don't expect.

There's an abundance of creativity (and quite often some surreality) on Steve's Arctic Circles CD which u can play in full here...

:gl

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Sell your music on Getmemusic.com

Getmemusic.com Messageboard

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

Hollywood better watch out eh Steve ?...:lol

Thats dam cool!! :) ..... keep it up for the Geordies!! :lol

I will upload the ditty's I did for Tyne Tees Television back in 1991....... I did the music for a doc. called "No picknic at sleets gill"..... Really interesting work at the time, well alot of time in the Egypt Cottage!! :lol

see ya later Steve

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . com GET ME MUSIC . com FAP . com
SOUNDCLICK . com

Bobby J Currie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

Nice work, very innovative!

:popcorn

www.standbyproject.co.uk

StandbY@getmemusic.com

StandbY @ TheMusicHype

StandbY @ UK Bands

StandbY@SoundClick

admin@standbyproject.co.uk

rod steel global

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

®od

rod steel global

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

®od

steppyhall2003

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

Thanks for the listens, guys. I'm on unfamiliar territory with the Triton and the theme-tune genre, so there are a few technical problems that I need to sort out. I'm used to small jazz/blues/pop ensemble work, which I've just about got nailed down viz-a-viz production, but the Triton's 48-bit stereo orchestral sounds are so bloody huge I can't squeeze them into the mix with the sort of clarity I expect from myself. Separation and 3D placement are really difficult, and at the moment it sounds a little squashed and imbalanced. I'll plod on and get there in the end. New version up in a couple of weeks.

Drooly, yeah, if that dissonant note creates tension, that's exactly what I'm after.

Mikey - working on a new Q's album soon, so this is a sort of long-term sideline - I'm not going to rush it, there's a lot I need to find out about orchestral production and arrangement, and I'm learning new things about the Triton every time I switch it on. What a machine!!! It's the industry standard for orchestral work, and its 'electronica' possibilities are vast as well.

Hey Paul - look forward to hearing that stuff - post a message when you put it up! Tyne Tees Television!! That brings back memories! I was in a Newcastle band called the Eastside Torpedoes in the early 80s, and we were the resident band on TTTV's 'Friday Live' 81/82. It was a crap show - there were some talking birds on one night, and when the presenter turned round to the two main guests and said "Well, I've heard that Paul Daniels likes a Parrot and Sally Geeson likes a Cockatoo" we were on the floor!!! Our keyboard player Brendan Healey got quite a bit of theme tune work out of them for a while after that. Know him?

later

Steve H

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: New solo theme tune from Steve H of The Questionnaires . Reply with quote

Listening to Steve H - first thing on Tuesday morning - well well well - this is rather majestic! You're a very talented man! We want MORE MORE MORE! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: