MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Just wondered what everyone thought of my CD Programme at my Getmemusic.com site.

Basically, the CD Programme is a way for artists and bands to get CDs of their music manufactured and released... especially good for bands that havent got the resources to afford costly CD runs.

The CDs would be sold via "Virtual", our own online label.

I'm working on the concept that bands and artists of all ages or music styles can join the CD Programme.....unlike other labels that only want Britney's and boy bands.

All details can be found at the link below.

This is NOT a post, looking for artists to sign up.....I'd just like your views and comments.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CD PROGRAMME...

:grab

:w

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Sell your music on Getmemusic.com

Getmemusic.com Messageboard

Edited by: Mikeyj69  at: 6/27/03 10:22 pm
questionnaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: it's basically a good idea ..... Reply with quote

.... but the £2 return might put quite a few people off. We can manufacture CDs with pro artwork for about £2.20 per unit, which gives us a return of £5.95, so I like the idea of including a retail option for self-manufactured CDs.

As I see it, the big problem facing virtual labels is real-world promotion. Independent bands with small localised audiences can only do so much on their own. We released our album in late March, and so far we've sold 198 copies, but most have gone to local people in Newcastle who remember Jane and I from past bands. We haven't done any local radio/press promotion yet, but when we do that to coincide with our first gigs in October we might get rid of another couple of hundred if we're lucky. So far we've shipped 15 to the USA and 2 to Europe (mostly MP3.COM listeners).

From what I can gather, a lot of artists are in similar situations. Getting played on payola radio in England (run by Alan Partridge-like assholes) is almost impossible, so any label has to somehow establish links with accommodating programme producers and also get reviews in serious press. One good review in the Observer or something is worth a million hits on an internet site. I agree with you totally that the independent scene produces material a thousand times more interesting than the mainstream industry - check The Questionnaires' radio station at mp3.com/stations/qtips_radio for some buried treasures - but convincing real-world media is a tough proposition. :dunno Do you have any ideas in that direction?

Steve H

Steve H

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: it's basically a good idea ..... Reply with quote

but the £2 return might put quite a few people off.

Good point.

Well, don't forget, we also design, manufacture, release and sell the CDs online.

I know that a lot of artists can do all that themselves, but we're mostly catering for artists who either can't afford to manufacture CDs in bulk or simply haven't got the time.

but convincing real-world media is a tough proposition. Do you have any ideas in that direction?

Well, we've established some proposed radio play via a local radio station.....it's only local but its a start.

We're also going to be starting a big advertising campaign in music magazines and the local press.

Also, we're organizing live events very soon that will feature GMM bands.

I agree...real world promo is the key and we are planning on pulling out all the stops to get the site into the public eye. :)

:yo

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

I think it sounds great. I noticed the artistplus fee is 4.99 pounds per month - if the artist could sell 3 CDs a month that would cover their cost. I think Mikey is right - it will definitely appeal to those who can't fork out cash for a CD run but WANT to have a CD out. Mp3.com's cd are also popular and people have to design their own ones there! That's another good point for GMM - a lot of musicians are NOT artists and are crap at designing CDs, so having GMM do the design and layout - that is a good bargain.

The Sisters last album took a professional CD designer to do and we only paid for the materials and printing etc. but still that cost $$$ (bless him - the designer is a SOS fan)

Musicians have already spent $$ recording the album etc. so I think GMM has a great concept here. :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

I think Mikey is right - it will definitely appeal to those who can't fork out cash for a CD run but WANT to have a CD out.

Yep. That's the idea. :)

Mp3.com's cd are also popular and people have to design their own ones there! That's another good point for GMM - a lot of musicians are NOT artists and are crap at designing CDs, so having GMM do the design and layout - that is a good bargain.

Chris. Don't forget the OTHER concept that most serious musicians haven't got the time to create and design CDs.

That's what GMM is all about;

We create the Artist Portfolios. (artist pages)

We update the Portfolios at the artists request.

We design and manufacture the CDs.

We handle all transactions and shipping.

We constantly advertise and market the site, bringing in constant traffic....and new fans to the artists.

That way, the musicians have more time to concentrate on what they do best....

......making music. ;)

:gl

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Yeah, Mikey has got it 100% correct. I don't like doing all that stuff or promoting. Now that I am an Artist signed with VIRTUAL, I am going to cut way down on my Net promo or SPAM as most call it. I feel that the percentage is great and no recoupment/payback on the labels outlay of mfg., time and promo costs. I was on another label and the guy did almost nothing to promote me. Well, that doesn't get it. I feel real good with VIRTUAL. :banana

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Thanks Phil. :)

All I'm trying to do is chance the "rules" of the music industry so that the artists get a fair deal for a change.

After all, without the musicians, there wouldn't be a music industry.

And now that I've got all the redesigning and restructuring of the site completed, it's full steam ahead for a huge advertising campaign to let the world know about Getmemusic.com and the brilliant artists and bands that make it so special.

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

TO BE CONTINUED............

:banana

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

So I'm guessing you just don't take anyone........?

|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Well, I'm sold....looks like an excellent deal to me!!

I'm going to consolidate about 8-10 of my tunes onto one CD sometime this fall...a "Best Of" (don't you be laughin'!!), if you will, of all #1's on various charts at MP3.com at one time or another this past year....but I don't necessarily want to put it there to pull away from the other CD's...at least not at first...

For $100+/- US a year, this looks like a great deal...

:yeah

Can you pay for a year in advance?? I'd rather do that...

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Hi Seismic,

(Well, at least you'll be able to see what quality the CDs will be when you receive Phil's album)

Hey, I never thought of "year in advance" payment methods.

I'll work out some kind of DISCOUNTED yearly payment option and I'll implement it onto the Getmemusic site tomorrow.

I would do it now, but its 5:45AM here in England so I'll better get some beauty sleep!

I've been updating the site a bit more.....dedication, eh? Or is it madness. lol

Like I said, I'll have a yearly payment button set up on the site by tomorrow night at the latest.

Cya for now. ;)

Mike.

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Chris's Quote:

"So I'm guessing you just don't take anyone........?"

Actually, the difference between Getmemusic / Virtual and other so called sites is the fact that we give all bands and artists a chance.

I mean, who has really got a right to say who is crap or who isn't?

Major record labels only take on artists that they can get rich quick on.....ones who will make them a quick million.

But, with Getmemusic.com, any artist or band can hop aboard (as long as their music isnt full of hisses and blips!) and get a CD released.

Any age, any gender, any music style.

Some may say that this is a bit unconventional, but I feel that everyone who is serious about their music deserves that opportunity.

:ww

Now, please excuse me, ladies and gentlemen.

My bed is calling me. :muede

Nite all....

TO BE CONTINUED.....AGAIN....

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Appreciate it, MJ...I'll get with you on it...

Got some ideas about the name and cover...:D

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

Hey, cool Mike and I are gonna be label mates. :yeah

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Edited by: Phil Frazier  at: 6/24/03 2:15 pm
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com CD Programme....comments? Reply with quote

I'm planning to launch a solo album in 2004. I want to mass produce some CDs PLUS this idea of GMM may be good for me too. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee The 'Mikes' of the music business are talented, hard-working guys, aren't they? Maybe I should change my name? To 'bbmike'???

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: