MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
songritr1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

Soul Shake

Album: Revolution

Rock and Roll has spent its existence adapting, modifying and mutating from its original roots in Country and Blues. Over the years Rock has put on more faces then Lon Chaney, yet through it all Rockers always seem to return to their roots.

"Revolution" the freshman release from Soul Shake is front man Warren Von Kruck's return to his musical roots. The strong and diverse vocals and high caliber songwriting Von Kruck set the stage and as the band name implies this is music that is meant to shake your very soul.

Rooted deep in traditional blues-rock the influence of the greats can be heard throughout. From the KISS influences in the title cut Revolution to the Stevie Ray Von feel of "Groove With You" this band take the listener on a Rock and Roll adventure they will not soon forget.

In a word this band is TIGHT! Lead guitarist Ray Schneller brings out the best of many of the faces of Rock within each song. Blending the classic riff based sound of SRV with the styling of such 80's hard rocking hair bands as Motley Crue and Tesla he shreds his way through this album as only a player who was born to play can.

Great songwriting, vocals and guitars lie at the heart of "Revolution" but this album would fall flat as just another Blues-Rock disc were it not for the solid foundation of the rhythm section. Drummer Joe Caruso and Bass man Joe Higgins build a pocket tight enough to contain the wildest of guitars.

Where most bands would count themselves lucky to have four players who worked so tightly together, Soul Shake is further blessed with a fifth. Chris Campione is the utility man of the group. He provides everything from keys and percussion to acoustic guitar and backing vocals. Campione fills all those little voids in the songs with elements so sonically perfect that they are more felt then heard.

Soul Shake is one of the rare bands that actually plays together and not around each other. While all the members have impressive credits behind them no single member plays above the others. They each bring unique talents to the stage with them and play in such a cooperative fashion that, the listener is drawn into the overall sound of the album.

Revolution is an album that has already sold several thousand copies online and has been met with critical acclaim across the board. The critics choice is clear "Revolution" is a must own album that appeals across demographic lines as it brings Rock and Roll back to its Revolutionary roots.

Pick up a copy of the new Soul Shake album Revolution from their artist page today.

Bobby Bensley

JavaMusic A&R

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

A 'fresh' and kicking band :)

Uplifting and grooving Rock-Funk-Pop :D

MIKE

songritr1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

Thanks for checking them out Mike.

I was at my MP3 page today for the first time in a really long time and noticed you had been there. It was a very nice gesture for you to leave a BtB there for me though it will likely take about 5 years for me to ever earn enough there again to collect my share of it. ;)

Bobby Bensley
JavaMusic A&R

My Music

CMAP CD SHOP

JavaMusic

My Playlist

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

Bobby :D

I enjoy the band !!!

I'm glad I could support you before the BTB gets kicked away by MP3.com...

HEY..... I have a 'fresh' victim for you from Australia, which needs probably urgently to be transferred to Javamusic ;) :D

Check her out..... I think she is very cool (the music) ;) ;) :lol

MIKE

songritr1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I will give her a listen and drop her an email tomorrow. Is 3:00 AM now and I need to grab a couple hours sleep.

Peace,

Bobby Bensley
JavaMusic A&R

My Music

CMAP CD SHOP

JavaMusic

My Playlist

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

No stress Bobby :D

I think her track LIFETIME will catch your ears ;)

Sleep well !!!!

MIKE

songritr1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

Mike, thanks for the tip. The lady has a page full of very well writen, produced and performed tunes. Great voice, arrangments and all players seem really strong and tight. Quite impressive actually.

I dropped her an email and invited her to Java hopefully I will hear from her soon and we can get busy spreading the word about this dynamic young lady.

Bobby Bensley
JavaMusic A&R

My Music

CMAP CD SHOP

JavaMusic

My Playlist

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

;) Cool that you like her.

I don't want to recommend crap to you ;)

MIKE

songritr1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

There are a handful of artists around trhe web whose judgment I generally trust and you are one of them Mike.

I never worry of you recommending CRAP ;)

Bobby

Bobby Bensley
JavaMusic A&R

My Music

CMAP CD SHOP

JavaMusic

My Playlist

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

:blush :D

;) BTW..... I like your animated signature.....

Very cool!

MIKE

MP3Hewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

Bobby,

You're doing a GREAT job!:D

....and Mike, thanks for sharing this talented artist!;)

Mark:)

songritr1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Espresso Artist Review "Soul Shake" Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, I stole the sig from Lord Bygon at FAP and modified it a little ;)

Mark, when are you going to come join us at Java? The place just keeps getting better and better.

We launched yet another new service today designed to help artists achive even greater world wide exposure and sell their CDs.

You can read all about it in the thread I just posted

Bobby Bensley
JavaMusic A&R

My Music

CMAP CD SHOP

JavaMusic

My Playlist

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> THE ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: